Commuted Payment Gift Annuity
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to FCNL Education Fund. Our suggested minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, FCNL Education Fund begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for a period of years that you determine.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be at least 60 to begin receiving payments and must be at least 50 to fund the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to FCNL Education Fund at the end of the term of years.
- Commuting payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction.
- You can target your annuity payments for the period of years when you need them, such as between retirement and when you are eligible for full Social Security benefits.
- The shorter the period of payments, the higher each payment will be.
- Frequently asked questions on Commuted Payment Gift Annuities
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Your funds will be invested on your behalf (and for the future benefit of FCNL) in ways that avoid companies which derive gain from military production or services, and which seek companies which have socially and environmentally responsible practices. Read more about FCNL’s investment policy here