Pooled Income Fund
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to the Pooled Income Fund. Our suggested initial minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- The fund issues you units, like a mutual fund, and pays you (or up to two income beneficiaries you name) the annual income attributable to your units for life.
- The principal attributed to your units passes to FCNL Education Fund at the passing of the last income beneficiary.
- Receive income for life in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift to the fund.
- Pay no capital gains tax on any appreciated assets you donate.
- Income can exceed dividends you were receiving on the securities you donated.
Your funds will be invested on your behalf (and for the future benefit of FCNL) in ways that avoid companies which derive gain from military production or services, and which seek companies which have socially and environmentally responsible practices. Read more about FCNL’s investment policy here