Deferred Gift Annuity
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to FCNL Education Fund. Our suggested minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, FCNL Education Fund begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be 60 or older to begin receiving payments and must be at least 50 to fund the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to FCNL Education Fund when the contract ends.
- Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction.
- You can schedule your annuity payments to begin when you need extra cash flow, such as retirement years.
- Payments are guaranteed and fixed, regardless of fluctuations in the market.
- The longer you elect to defer payments, the higher your payment will be.
- Frequently asked questions on Deferred Gift Annuities.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Your funds will be invested on your behalf (and for the future benefit of FCNL) in ways that avoid companies which derive gain from military production or services, and which seek companies which have socially and environmentally responsible practices. Read more about FCNL’s investment policy here